The Rotary Peace Fellowships are currently available. This is great news for all international students who wish to pursue and complete a program in the US. We will go into great detail about the Scholarship, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
For international students, the Rotary Peace Fellowship is a fully funded scholarship. This scholarship is available for graduate and doctoral work. The scholarship provides a monthly stipend, housing assistance, and many other benefits.
Aiming to help students succeed in their chosen careers and use their newly acquired knowledge to address some of the greatest challenges of our time, Rotary Peace Fellowships is a cutting-edge that offers a variety of graduate programs.
About Rotary Peace Fellowships
Every year, up to 90 peace and development leaders from around the world are selected by Rotary and awarded a fully funded academic fellowship to pursue a Professional Development Certificate Program or Master’s Degree Program related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention at one of the participating peace centers around the world (USA, Japan, UK, Australia, Sweden, Uganda)
Rotary Peace Fellowships come in two categories which are as follows;
The master’s degree program is a two-year program in which fellows can pursue master degree in fiThe master’s degree program is a two-year program in which fellows can pursue a master’s degree in fields related to peace and conflict resolution at one of six Rotary Peace Centers located at universities around the world. Fellows also participate in a variety of additional training and professional development opportunities.
The professional development certificate program is a three-month program designed for professionals with experience in peace and conflict resolution. Fellows participate in a series of workshops, seminars, and field studies to enhance their skills and knowledge in the fields related to peace and conflict resolution at one of six Rotary Peace Centers located at universities around the world. Fellows also participate in a variety of additional training and professional development opportunities.
- Study level; master’s or doctoral level
- Institution; Duke University and University of North Carolina at
- Study area; Chapel Hill, USA
- Field Of Study; Master’s degree program or professional development certificate program in disciplines linked to conflict resolution and prevention
The benefits of receiving Rotary Peace Fellowships are as follows:
- The fellowship provides assistance to Rotary Peace Fellows for the entire 21-month program.
- The fellowship includes full tuition and other university fees.
- A monthly stipend for room and board, and transportation.
- Stipend for a summer internship
- Funding to participate in academic conferences, and transportation between the fellow’s home and study destination at the beginning and end of the fellowship period.
Professionals with work experience in foreign development, peace, and conflict resolution, or both are eligible for the Rotary Peace Fellowship. Additionally, candidates must fulfill the following conditions:
- Three years of experience in a field relevant to the master’s program
- For the certificate program, have five years of relevant work experience and be able to articulate how their peace-promoting strategy fits with Rotary’s goal. (Candidates for Makerere University must either come from Africa, have previously or currently worked in Africa, or work with African communities or initiatives outside the continent.)
- Have a strong command of the English language (Master’s candidates whose first tongue is not English must submit scores from English language proficiency exams).
- Possess a bachelor’s degree (Master’s candidates are required to submit an official duplicate of their transcripts).
- Have a strong commitment to promoting peace and intercultural understanding. Have leadership experience. Work in Africa or with African communities or projects outside of the continent
All candidates have until the 15th of May to submit their applications.
You must adhere to the instructions below in order for your submission to be considered for this Rotary scholarship.
- Review the prerequisites.
- Programs at host institutions can be found. You will be asked to rank two master’s program centers and one certificate program center according to your preferences.
- The application deadline is May 15th. Applicants need a résumé, recommendations from educators and/or employers, essays, transcripts, a social impact plan (for certificates only), and test results (for master’s degrees only). Every document must be in English.
- Participate in Rotary. If you want to find the Rotary club closest to you use the Club Finder. Connecting with a club is an excellent way to learn more about Rotary’s activities in your area and around the world. . Club recommendations for your application are optional but highly advised.
- Watch for the selection outcomes. In November, email alerts will be delivered. You will be informed of the Peace Center where you will study if you are selected for a fellowship.
- Submit an application for admission to the college where your Peace Center is housed. Getting chosen for the fellowship does not imply acceptance into the school.
FAQ On Rotary Peace Fellowships
What is the timeline for the Rotary Peace Fellowship application process?
The application period for Rotary Peace Fellowships typically opens in February of each year and closes in May. The selection process includes a preliminary screening, district interviews, and final selection by the Rotary Peace Centers Committee. Successful applicants are notified in November and begin their studies the following academic year.
Can I apply for a Rotary Peace Fellowship if I am not a Rotary member?
Yes, Rotary Peace Fellowships are open to non-Rotary members. However, applicants are encouraged to connect with their local Rotary clubs to learn more about the organization and its values.
How many Rotary Peace Fellowships are awarded each year?
Rotary Peace Fellowships are awarded to approximately 130 individuals each year.
The Rotary Peace Fellowships are a program of the Rotary Foundation, which provides fully funded scholarships to individuals around the world who are committed to peace and conflict resolution. The program offers two types of fellowships: a master’s degree program and a professional development certificate program.
Moreover, the Rotary Peace Fellowships are designed to help individuals build the skills and knowledge necessary to become effective leaders and advocates for peace and to create positive change in their communities and the world.
Top Uk University Medical Scholarships
Fresh Accounting and Finance Scholarships