The USA offers numerous scholarship opportunities, and among them, the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program stands out as a significant option.
This program is currently accepting applications and presents an excellent opportunity for students to pursue their studies in the USA.
In this article, we will provide a comprehensive overview of the scholarship, its advantages, and everything you need t know regarding its application.
About Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program for 2023-2024 is an all-inclusive scholarship for undergraduate and master’s studies that is open to international students. The scholarship fully covers tuition fees, provides a living allowance, and includes travel and health insurance.
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program is available to Egyptian students who wish to pursue undergraduate or graduate studies at leading universities in the United States.
The scholarships will be awarded based on the candidate’s character and merit, as demonstrated through academic excellence, entrepreneurial drive, and involvement in extracurricular activities.
The scholarship will cover the full tuition fees, provide a living allowance, and offer travel and health insurance. Furthermore, scholarship recipients will have the opportunity to intern at the company.
Candidates who have not resided, studied, or worked in a foreign country for an extended period will be given priority consideration for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program. It is important to note that this scholarship is exclusively available for applicants seeking admission to the following universities: The University of Chicago, Stanford University, Harvard University, and The University of Pennsylvania.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters
- Institution(s): Stanford University, The University of Chicago, Harvard University, The University of Pennsylvania.
- Country: USA
- Available Courses: Engineering, Finance, Economics, Political Science Management
- Program Period: undergraduate 4 Years, Masters 2 Years
The eligibility requirements for the program are as follows:
For Undergraduate Students
- Preference will not be given to applicants who hold dual nationality; the individuals must be Egyptian citizens and currently residing in Egypt.
- The individuals should have plans to commence their studies in the United States in 2023.
- The individuals must demonstrate a commitment to return to Egypt for a duration of two years immediately following the successful completion of their undergraduate degree.
- The individuals should have resided outside of Egypt for no more than three years.
- A score of 100 or higher on the iBT TOEFL exam.
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 or 90% in the Thanaweyya Amma certification (Secondary year) or an equivalent certificate.
- For the old SAT (before May 2016), an overall score of 2100 with a minimum of 700 in each of the Reading, Math, and Writing sections; for the new SAT (after May 2016), an overall score of 1450 with a minimum of 730 in the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section and 730 in Math, or a score of 600 or higher on three SAT II subject tests.
- Participation in extracurricular activities is also encouraged.
For Masters Students
- The applicants must be Egyptian citizens who are currently residing in Egypt. Preference will be given to those who do not hold dual nationality.
- The individuals should have plans to pursue a master’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering at one of the top universities in the United States.
- The applicants should have lived outside of Egypt for no more than three years and should be committed to returning to Egypt for two years directly after the completion of their undergraduate degree.
- A minimum score of 100 on the iBT TOEFL exam and a GPA of 3.5 or Very Good or above (overall grade) are required.
- The applicants should have a minimum of three years of working experience.
- For the MBA program, a minimum GMAT score of 650 (taken within the last 5 years) is required.
- The individuals should have been involved or are currently involved in extracurricular activities.
- Old GRE scores are not acceptable, and the new GRE scores should be a minimum of 302 overall and a minimum of 4.5 in Analytical Writing.
- The fields of study eligible for the program include Engineering, Business Administration, and Construction Management.
To apply for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program, please follow the steps mentioned below:
For Undergraduate Scholarship:
- Go to the Amideast website and create an account.
- Fill in your personal and educational details.
- Answer two questions in the Statement of Purpose section:
- Attach the following files in the attachments section:
Graduation certificate or Thanaweyya Amma certificate copy (if available)
Test scores copy (SAT I/SAT II or iBT TOEFL)
Two recommendation letters
- Submit your application.
For Masters Scholarship
- Fill out the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Graduate application form.
- Attach the following documents:
- Graduation certificate copy
- Transcripts copy
- Test scores copy (TOEFL – iBT/GRE or GMAT)
- Two recommendation letters.
Benefits of the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program
- Full tuition coverage
- Travel expenses
- Living allowance
- Books & computer
- Health Insurance & other benefits
Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program Schedule Of Event
- By July 31st, 2023: Submit online applications with all supporting documents.
- August/September 2023: Orascom Construction selects semi-finalists and conducts personal interviews.
- September 2023: Notification of the nominated applicants.
- October 2023: Program orientation for nominated recipients.
- October 2023 to April/May 2024: University applications and placement process.
- July 2024: Award ceremony at Orascom Construction.
- July 2024: Pre-departure orientation and travel arrangements for selected recipients.
- August/September 2024: Selected recipients depart for the United States.
FAQ On Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program
What is onsi sawiris scholarship?
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is an all-inclusive scholarship program that covers the costs of tuition, living expenses, travel, and health insurance for both undergraduate and graduate students.
The selection of recipients is based on a combination of factors, including academic achievement, participation in extracurricular activities, and entrepreneurial aptitude, as well as demonstrated need and character.
What are the approved Universities included in the Graduate School scholarship?
That appears to be correct. The Onsi Sawiris Graduate Scholarship Program, which is offered by the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development (SFSD), is only awarded to candidates who have been accepted to one of the five universities mentioned below;
- · University of Chicago
- · University of Pennsylvania
- · Harvard University
- · Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- · Stanford University
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is a highly prestigious and competitive scholarship program offered to outstanding Egyptian students who wish to pursue their undergraduate or postgraduate studies at top universities in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia.
The scholarship program was established by the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development in 2000, and it aims to provide students with the opportunity to pursue higher education and gain the skills and knowledge necessary to become future leaders in their fields and make a positive impact in their communities.
AAUW Selected Professions Fellowships