The Knight Hennessy Scholars Program at Stanford University is a prestigious scholarship program that provides full funding for up to three years of graduate study at Stanford for a select group of outstanding students from around the world.
The program is designed for individuals who are committed to making a difference in the world through their work, and who are interested in pursuing advanced degrees in fields such as business, education, engineering, law, or policy.
The Knight Hennessy Scholars Program at Stanford University places no limitations on age, college, university, subject of study, or intended career path for Knight-Hennessy Scholars. In fact, all residents and citizens of the US are encouraged to go ahead and apply. Also, there is no demand that candidates look for recommendations from colleges, universities, or other organizations.
- The first application requirement demands that you must apply, be accepted by, and enroll in a full-time graduate degree program at Stanford. Programs such as but not limited to, a JD, MA, DMA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or Ph.D. program, will be in addition to applying to Knight-Hennessy Scholars (KHS). You must meet one of the following four requirements:
- Be applying separately but simultaneously to KHS and a full-time Stanford graduate program so that you can begin both in the same academic year.
- Even if/when you have already been admitted to a full-time Stanford graduate degree program and have decided to defer your start date You will still apply to KHS so that you can start both in the same year.
- You are a current graduate student at Stanford who will submit an application to add a second full-time Stanford graduate degree program so that you can commence KHS and the new program in the same academic year.
- You are currently enrolled in the first year of your Ph.D. program at Stanford and plan to apply to KHS so that you can begin KHS in your second year of Ph.D. enrollment.
- Secondly, you must be a holder of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized and accredited institution or university, or its equivalent, as of January 2017 or later.
For applicants who served in the military after rounding up their undergraduate studies in recognition of their prolonged service obligations, their eligibility window is extended by two years; to be eligible to enroll in 2024, you must have received your degree in January 2015 or later. If you will complete your first degree by September 2024, you must be a current college student to qualify. The program does not provide precedence depending on how recently the degree was earned during the eligibility term.
Why Knight Hennessy Scholars Program Is A Fantastic Choice
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program at Stanford University is a highly competitive, prestigious scholarship program that provides full funding for graduate study at Stanford University. It is designed to attract and support the next generation of global leaders who have demonstrated strong leadership skills and a commitment to making a positive impact in the world.
There are several reasons why the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program is a fantastic choice:
Full funding: The program provides full funding for tuition, room and board, travel, and other expenses for the duration of the graduate program. This means that scholars do not have to worry about paying for their education or living expenses while they are studying at Stanford.
Leadership development: The program includes a leadership development component, which provides scholars with the opportunity to develop their leadership skills through workshops, seminars, and other activities.
Collaborative community: Scholars are part of a diverse, collaborative community of leaders from around the world who are passionate about making a positive impact. This provides a unique opportunity to learn from and work with like-minded individuals.
Access to resources: As a member of the Stanford community, scholars have access to all of the resources and opportunities available to Stanford students, including internships, research opportunities, and networking events.
Prestigious: The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program is highly prestigious and is recognized as one of the top scholarship programs in the world. Graduates of the program go on to become leaders in a wide range of fields and industries.
Knight Hennessy Scholars Program Worth
The program covers the full cost of tuition, as well as room and board, travel, and other expenses such as;
- The Knight Hennessy Scholarship Stipend helps with living and educational costs (such as lodging and boarding, supplies for the classroom, books, and instructional materials,
- Expenses for reasonable personal expenses and local transportation).
- A travel allowance is allocated to pay for just one annual trip to and from Stanford in economy class.
- Knight-Hennessy Scholars can also apply for extra funding to help with their academic goals.
FAQ On Knight-Hennessy Scholars program at Stanford University?
What is the selection process for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program at Stanford University?
The selection process for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program at Stanford University is highly competitive. The selection committee looks for candidates who demonstrate a strong track record of leadership, academic excellence, and potential for making a positive impact on the world.
The committee considers a variety of factors, including the quality of the essays, letters of recommendation, transcripts, test scores, and resumes or CVs. The committee also takes into account the potential fit between the candidate’s goals and the resources and opportunities available at Stanford.
What are the eligibility requirements for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program at Stanford University?
When applying to Stanford University’s Knight-Hennessy Scholars program, you must:
- Have completed your bachelor’s degree before enrolling in the program
- Be a citizen of any country except the United States (U.S. permanent residents are eligible to apply)
- Not have already begun a graduate degree program at Stanford or any other institution
- Be proficient in English
How do I apply for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program at Stanford University?
- To apply for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program at Stanford University, you must:
- Complete the online application form, which includes personal information, academic history, and essays
- Have three letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf
- Submit transcripts from all universities you have attended
- Take the GRE or GMAT and have your scores sent to Stanford
- Submit a resume or CV
- Attend an interview, if invited
Knight-Hennessy Scholars program Application Deadline
The application deadline for this scholarship will be announced in Spring 2023 make it the now a better time to begin your application.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program is a prestigious, highly selective scholarship program at Stanford University that aims to develop a diverse, multidisciplinary community of leaders who will address complex global challenges.
To be considered for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program, applicants must demonstrate strong academic achievement, leadership potential, and a commitment to making a positive impact in the world.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars are chosen based on their ability to think creatively and independently, communicate effectively, and work collaboratively with others. They are also expected to be proactive, resourceful, and resilient in the face of challenges.
Fresh University of Luxembourg Scholarships
Fresh Accounting and Finance Scholarships